NetgateⓇ is pleased to announce our latest version of TNSRⓇ software, Release 22.10, is now available.
If you are new to the product, TNSR is a vRouter solution focused on high-speed edge routing, powerful IPsec site-to-site VPN needs, and cloud connectivity for service providers and businesses. The product's value proposition is simple: astounding router throughput at unbeatable price points. TNSR software achieves this by integrating Vector Packet Processing (VPP), Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK) - and a number of other open-source projects along with Netgate-designed control and management planes - into a business-assured, secure networking solution.
Key improvements to TNSR software added or improved in TNSR Software Release 22.10 include:
- Tunnel Protocols
- Added WireGuard remote access and roaming support, which makes WireGuard Remote Access VPN possible
- Added IPIP tunnel support, similar to GIF tunnels on other platforms
- Added certificate-based authentication for IPsec
- Added support for IPv6 IPsec tunnel endpoints
- Added support for ChaCha20-Poly1305 encryption with IKEv2 IPsec tunnels
- Added the option to enable interrupt mode for network interfaces and for dispatching asynchronous cryptographic operations
- Added BGP Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) cache validation support
- Added Policy Based Routing (ACL B-based Forwarding), which can route traffic based on matching policies in ACLs rather than by destination
- Route maps currently used by dynamic routing protocols can now be removed
As mentioned in our previous release blog, we moved the underlying OS base from CentOS to Ubuntu - driven by Red Hat's shift from CentOS Linux to CentOS Stream. Release 22.06 is the second TNSR software release to run over an Ubuntu Long Term Support (LTS) release, specifically Ubuntu Server 20.04.4. Release 22.10 upgrades the TNSR base OS to Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS.
TNSR software is available as a bare metal image for non-Netgate appliances and virtual machines, as software instances on Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure cloud service provider marketplaces, and on Netgate 6100, 1537, and 1541 turnkey appliances.
We also offer a fully-featured, no-charge instance for non-commercial home and lab evaluation use.