The world’s leading open-source driven firewall, router, and VPN solution for network edge and cloud secure networking.
Over three million installations protecting homes, businesses, governments, educational institutions and service providers.
What is pfSense Plus?
A remarkably powerful, robust, and easy to use solution, pfSense software delivers edge firewall, router, and VPN functionality to homes, businesses, educational institutions, and government agencies - literally across every continent - making networks more robust and secure.
Software Releases since 2007
Open Source Code Commits to date
Every continent. Every vertical.
Who depends on pfSense Plus software?
Home / Remote Worker
The 2020 pandemic has changed our world forever. An extraordinary number of office workers are now home-bound - many permanently. The need for improved firewall, router and VPN performance at affordable prices will only rise.
Businesses of all sizes and in every vertical use pfSense Plus - especially those who expect features found in enterprise-class solutions, at budget-friendly consumer / SMB level price points.
Local municipalities, state agencies, federal defense and non-defense agencies and departments all rely upon pfSense Plus for its robust feature set, resilience and reliable performance.
Educational institutions from K-12 to colleges and universities - always with tight budgets - depend upon pfSense Plus to manage complex student, faculty and administrative secure networking needs.
Cloud service providers (CSPs), Internet service providers (ISPs), Managed service providers (MSPs) and Managed security service providers (MSSPs) use pfSense Plus within their own IT infrastructure as well as for their own customers’ edge and cloud secure networking needs.
Why pfSense® Plus Software?
Open Source Technology
- Trusted and preferred by many organizations
- 3x-5x lower total cost of ownership than traditional solutions
- Avoids vendor lock-in
- Faster response to critical security vulnerabilities
- Over three million installs serving literally every continent
- Widely deployed in critical business, government and educational IT infrastructures
- 15+ years of continued innovation across 53 releases and counting
- 24/7 global support options
- Get prompt responses to critical issues from Netgate experts who consistently exceed SLA expectations
- Professional services and training for specialized needs
- Home, remote office, headquarters and data center premises installations
- Turnkey appliance and virtual machine instances
- Cloud ready - AWS or Azure Marketplaces
Netgate offers a variety of deployment options ranging from factory-built and tested appliances with pre-loaded software to virtual machine instances for 3rd party hardware deployment to public cloud service provider virtual instances. Three tiers of support are available for Netgate appliances and Cloud Service Provider instances. Software pricing is 100% all-in - no throughput, seat, or connection capacity tack-on charges.
pfSense Plus software is available on Netgate desktop and rack appliances - factory loaded, tested, and with selectable support options.
pfSense Plus software can be purchased on AWS and Azure cloud marketplaces. Instance option prices vary by compute and memory capacity, and are charged by the hour, month or year.