Netgate is looking for a Technical Writer to create well-researched content to assist a highly technical audience in choosing the right secure networking solution for their business.
The ideal candidate will be able to leverage a strong understanding of secure networking users, use cases, and technical requirements to help drive accelerated product adoption and software annual recurring revenue with carefully crafted content. They will be able to transform highly technical documentation and information on pfSense® Plus and TNSR® secure networking software solutions into simple and engaging content for end users to understand.
If the "Apply Now" button above does not present an email form, it could be related to your browser settings (try this). Or, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Department: Marketing Type: Full Time Location: Remote - US
Location: Remote - United States
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of technical writing expertise in secure networking.
- Technical expertise in secure networking preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of router, firewall, and VPN markets, as well as cloud solution models.
- Exceptional verbal/written communication and attention to detail.
- A motivated team player with solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and handle tight deadlines.
- Based in United States.
- Draft, edit, and release technical web content, whitepapers, case studies, blogs, etc.
- Convert raw data into engaging written narratives.
- Collaborate closely with technical teams to grasp intricate system details.
- Maintain consistent adherence to industry standard style guides.
- Prepare client-friendly content for end users and stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver client-ready materials for end users and stakeholders.
- Ensure content is AP style compliant and meets other guidelines.
- Review and refine content developed by teammates.
- pfSense Plus software: The advanced version of the globally-renowned pfSense, an open-source firewall, router, and VPN solution.
- TNSR software: A high-performance software router by Netgate, tailored for utmost scalability, price-performance, and solution adaptability.
Netgate is dedicated to developing and providing secure networking solutions to businesses, government and educational institutions around the world. Netgate is the only provider of pfSense products, which include pfSense® Plus and pfSense Community Edition (CE) software - the world’s leading open-source firewall, router, and VPN solution. TNSR® software extends the company’s open-source leadership and expertise into high-performance secure networking – capable of delivering compelling value at a fraction of the cost of proprietary solutions.
Founded in 2004 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, Netgate has a passionate team of over 90 professionals spread across four continents. We thrive on innovation and excellence, and we are committed to providing our customers with the best possible solutions for their networking needs.
What We Offer:
- A culture rooted in open-source secure networking
- Diverse roles that allow for versatility and growth
- An environment that encourages innovative ideas
- Mutual growth for the company and individual team members
- A pet-friendly atmosphere (Share pictures of your furry friends!)
Why Join Netgate?
If you have a passion for secure networking, value an open-source culture, and are ready to contribute to a dynamic team, then Netgate is the place for you!
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $75,000 to $85,000 + bonus + benefits, including a 401(k) matching program. The salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all in-office or remote US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with their most recent CV and a portfolio showcasing previous projects. We're keen to hear how your IT or engineering experience will make you a perfect fit. And, don’t forget to share pictures of your pet(s) – we’d love to meet them virtually!