Customer Success Manager (Austin/Remote)
As a Customer Success Manager at Netgate, you will be a critical part of our customer-facing team. At a high level, the CSM serves as the primary point of contact for customers seeking to renew service subscriptions. You will also help to manage the entire customer lifecycle by focusing on business outcomes and identifying opportunities for growth post-sale. As a CSM, your primary mission will be to maximize customer ROI using the various Netgate platforms. You will develop and maintain close relationships with Netgate’s Sales, Support, and Marketing teams to ensure the best possible outcome for the customer.
Department: Sales Type: Full Time Location: Austin, Texas / Remote
- You will own the relationship between Netgate and our customers, ensuring their success, connection to Netgate’s value, and trust in our products and services, with a laser focus on retention and long-term customer growth.
- Meet or exceed recurring revenue/retention targets and specific activity targets (e.g. proactive calls, NPS, follow-up meetings) while meeting department standards for response times and SLAs.
- Execute steps in cadence aligned to the high-touch customer journey that is designed based on the tenure of the account to Netgate.
- Leverage resources to help resolve complex problems for customers and proactively identify opportunities to deepen customer relationships and exceed expectations.
- Organize, prepare, and conduct regular business reviews with customers to ensure alignment and expectations, and demonstrate and reinforce the value of the customer's investment.
- You have a strong understanding and appreciation of the big picture, with the ability to articulate and rally behind Netgate’s business goals, our customers' goals, and the work you do that impacts them.
- You possess internal competitiveness and a natural curiosity to constantly strive for improved results.
- You love the fast-paced environment of a growth-stage company and possess a scrappy, hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves approach.
- You understand the needs and purchase behavior of small businesses, and the value of the human connection in business success.
- You keep an eye out for opportunities to pitch in and extend your time and efforts when it can help the greater good. You are known for being collaborative, easy to work with, and dedicated to moving company initiatives forward as a team.
- Escalations and tough conversations don't phase you – you relish the challenge of finding new solutions and turning situations around with your listening, empathy, and excellent judgment.
- Must have a strong analytical and quantitative skill set combined with the strength to analyze data, interpret, and translate results to produce actionable changes.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet or exceed individual and departmental goals, and performance metrics expectations in current role.
- The strength to remain focused in a fast-paced work environment and to demonstrate thoughtful leadership in assessing problems/opportunities and recommending solutions.
- Familiarity with CRM databases is required.
- Highly efficient team player, with the ability to also work independently in an ever-evolving, fluid environment.
- 401K Matching (starting Jan 2023)
- Health /Vision/Dental (through Aetna)
- Dog friendly (if you work hybrid, take your pup to work!)
- Supportive VP of Service Delivery (whom you report to) who believes in giving people ample space to grow and evolve in their skills and abilities.
- Positive culture-company; founded in 2001 with approximately 100 employees (60% remote, 40% on-site/hybrid).