Sr. Manager Technical Product Marketing
Netgate is looking for an experienced technical product marketing professional to be a vital contributor in driving the company through its next stage of secure networking business growth.
Department: Marketing Type: Full Time Location: Austin, TX
pfSense Plus Product Marketing Manager
Reporting to CMO
Netgate is an open-source driven secure networking company that provides high-performance and affordable appliance and software-based firewall, VPN, and routing solutions for the home, office, and cloud. Our secure networking solutions, pfSense® Plus and TNSR® connect and protect homes, businesses in every vertical, K-12 and university educational institutions, local, state, federal government agencies and service providers all over the world. The company was formed in 2004, has over 90 employees residing on four continents, and is headquartered in Austin, Texas.
Netgate is looking for an experienced technical product marketing professional to be a vital contributor in driving the company through its next stage of secure networking business growth. In this high visibility role, you will be an evangelist for Netgate’s flagship product, pfSense Plus, and newer high-performance virtual router, TNSR with the ability to influence and shape how businesses, educational institutions, government agencies and service providers achieve high-performance, cost-effective secure-networking through open-source driven solutions.
Our ideal candidate:
- Becomes the ‘face and voice’ of the company by building and engaging professionals, influencers, subject matter experts, and decision-makers across industry analysts
- Has relevant product marketing or product management experience, i.e., steeped in secure networking product and technology knowledge, e.g., routers, firewalls, VPNs, appliances, virtual machines, premises and cloud networking, use cases, competitive landscape, pricing, etc.
- Can quickly and effectively process complex technical concepts and communicate them through a variety of channels
- Has a proven track record for creating high-quality technical content that can further Netgate solution awareness and understanding
- Is able to work effectively across prospects, customers, marketing, sales and customer support for full product life cycle success - even if remote via Slack, Zoom, email, etc.
- Has excellent communication skills especially with respect to problem/solution identification, content creation and delivery
- Has a focus on detail. Our business is fast moving, broad and technical. Details really matter.
- Has a proactive, ‘lean forward’ mindset
- Has the ability to think broadly, but execute specifically
- Be a Netgate subject matter expert, and the evangelist for Netgate through webinars, conference speeches, blog posts, podcasts, etc. that appeal to business, education, government and service provider audiences
- Own Netgate’s technical content strategy
- Create quality technical content (in concert with marketing campaign efforts): explainer videos, how-to videos, demo videos, product overview videos, webinars, white papers, case studies, success stories, solution briefs, etc.
- Develop deep technical knowledge about pfSense Plus and TNSR, their applications, and our integration into organizations’ secure networking ecosystems
- Engage with internal stakeholders, partners, and customers to thoroughly understand our target audience, their challenges, and our unique value proposition
- 5+ years of secure networking product marketing experience with demonstrable knowledge of router, firewall and VPN markets, competitors and premises / cloud solution models
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or other relevant technical space desirable
- MBA desirable
- Professional certifications in secure networking, e.g., CCSK, CISSP, and CompTIA Security desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, comfortable on video
- Proven track record of creating high-quality product evangelism content
- Able to clearly translate complex technical concepts and technologies into strategic business and customer-centric value propositions
- Outward personality that enjoys connecting with prospects, customers, and industry influencers
- Highly self-motivated individual contributor and team player
- Proven organizing skills and capacity to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment and works well with deadlines
- Greater Austin, Texas area