Production Support Analyst
We’re looking for a qualified person to join the Netgate® Global Support team as a Product Support Analyst. This team is a tenacious and dedicated group of professionals strategically located around the globe so to provide a high-level, 24x7x365 experience to our customers. You will need to be equally as driven and steadfast in solving complex problems in a dynamic, fast-paced environment surrounded by intense people who love what they do. We hire for team fit as much as we do for applicable knowledge. With a 98% customer satisfaction rate in 2020, we strive for excellence every day.
If you think you meet enough of the requirements below, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is full-time remote.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND TASKS:
What you will do:
- Communicate with customers via trouble ticket and phone to analyze, troubleshoot, and document root cause and assist in the efficient resolution of all customer issues as related to Netgate products and services.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions completed to the final resolution, while maintaining established service level agreements.
- Work with various interfacing teams across multiple locations and time-zones.
- Display professionalism and excellent customer service skills – the ability to be empathetic, accurate, compassionate, responsive, resourceful and conscientious as well as possession of a deep reservoir of patience is required.
- Provide after-hours support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Execute test plans, record and document results and compare to expected results.
- Document product defects for submission to the software development team.
- Track resolution of product defects and/or system performance problems.
- Review and validate bug reports from other team members.
- Provide and support development teams in test activities as well as responsible for planning and organizing regression test, release, etc.
What you will need:
- We prefer at least two years of experience using/maintaining pfSense.
- Strong technical troubleshooting, problem-solving, and analytical ability.
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining routers, security appliances, switches.
- Hands-on experience with routing, NAT, ACLs/firewall rules, IDS/IPS, VPN, load balancers, cloud networks (AWS, Azure), virtualization (VMWare – ESXi)
- Comprehensive understanding of network infrastructure/designs and performance/tuning strategies.
- Experience providing Level 2 or Level 3 network support.
- Experience troubleshooting complex software or system problems.
- Technical knowledge of operating systems (Linux/Unix/FreeBSD) preferred.
- Familiarization of cloud services, such as AWS and Azure, is preferred.
- Excellent communication, customer support and interpersonal skills required.
Employees in this position must have the ability to:
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Establish and maintain reliable Internet connectivity in a quiet home-office environment.
- Enter data into a computer workstation, operate standard office equipment and use a telephone.
- See and read a computer screen and printed matter with or without vision aids.
- Hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone.
- Work a 12-hour shift, including one weekend day
- Stand, walk and bend over, reach overhead, grasp, push and move, lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds at waist height.