Production Support Analyst
Location: Austin, TX / Worldwide
We’re looking for two qualified people to join Netgate’s Global Support team. This team is a tenacious and dedicated group of professionals strategically located around the globe so to provide a high-level, 24x7x365 experience to our customers. You will need to be equally as driven and steadfast in solving complex problems in a dynamic, fast-paced environment surrounded by intense people who love what they do. We hire for team fit as much as we do for applicable knowledge. With a 98% customer satisfaction rate in 2018, we strive for excellence every day.
If you think you meet enough of the requirements below, send your CV, desired shift and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (1) 7AM - 4PM CST, MON - FRI (8-HOUR SHIFT)
- (1) 7AM - 7PM CST, WED - SAT / THU - SAT (12-HOUR SHIFT)
Global Support team members working 12 hour shifts work 3 days in one week and 4 days the next, for a total of 7 days on / 7 days off every two weeks. Hours listed above may be slightly flexible based on the need of the company and the successful candidate.
This position is remote unless the successful candidate lives in Austin, TX, in which case it will be mostly remote.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Communicate with customers via trouble ticket and phone to analyze, troubleshoot, and document root cause and assist in the efficient resolution of all customer issues as related to Netgate products and services.
- Provide feedback as needed in the creation of support procedures, policies and documentation designed for internal and external consumption.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions completed to the final resolution, while maintaining established service level agreements.
- Communicate task/ticket status and issues to the client and coworkers as needed.
- Work with various interfacing teams across multiple locations and time-zones.
- Display professionalism and excellent customer service skills – the ability to be empathetic, accurate, compassionate, responsive, resourceful and conscientious as well as possession of a deep reservoir of patience is required.
- Work independently with a significant attention to detail, prioritize effectively and work with a sense of urgency.
- Work with other Netgate staff to create a relaxed, helpful, fun environment.
- Be fearless about learning new skills and stretching beyond a defined role.
- Provide after-hours support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Execute test plans, record and document results and compare to expected results.
- Document product defects for submission to the software development team.
- Track resolution of product defects and/or system performance problems.
- Review and validate bug reports from other team members.
- Provide and support development teams in test activities as well as responsible for planning and organizing regression test, release, etc.
- Interpreting new and changing requirements to determine the impact to test plans and test scenarios.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- We prefer at least two years of experience using/maintaining pfSense.
- Strong technical troubleshooting, problem-solving, and analytical ability.
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining routers, security appliances, switches.
- Hands-on experience with routing, NAT, ACLs/firewall rules, IDS/IPS, VPN, load balancers, cloud networks (AWS, Azure), virtualization (VMWare – ESXi)
- Comprehensive understanding of network infrastructure/designs and performance/tuning strategies.
- Experience providing Level 2 or Level 3 network support.
- Experience troubleshooting complex software or system problems.
- Technical knowledge of operating systems (Linux/Unix/FreeBSD) preferred.
- Excellent written, oral communication and documentation skills; able to communicate complex technical answers to non-technical people.
- A “hands on” attitude. Strives to understand work drivers, continually self improves and grow in knowledge.
- Familiarization of cloud services, such as AWS and Azure, is preferred.
- Willing to take total ownership of customer issues and see through to resolution.
- Learn the complete Netgate product and services portfolio.
- Excellent communication, customer support and interpersonal skills required.
- Requires a high degree of energy and flexibility in adjusting to fast-paced environments with shifting workflows while juggling multiple priority tasks.
- Motivated self-starter
Employees in this position must have the ability to:
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Establish and maintain reliable Internet connectivity in a quiet home-office environment.
- Enter data into a computer workstation, operate standard office equipment and use a telephone.
- See and read a computer screen and printed matter with or without vision aids.
- Hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone.
- Work a 12-hour shift, including one weekend day
- Stand, walk and bend over, reach overhead, grasp, push and move, lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds at waist height.