Production Support Analyst
Location: Austin, TX / Worldwide
Netgate is a growing technology company in need of a high energy, organized and experienced Production Support Analyst to assist with day-to-day customer support operations.
You should be able to demonstrate a high level of product knowledge with pfSense. We’re looking for people with skills one can only learn from getting hands-on with the product, becoming a user of it, understanding it and the technologies behind it at a nuts & bolts level.
Excellent troubleshooting and customer service skills are a must – the ability to be empathetic, accurate, responsive, resourceful, and conscientious. We’re only looking for people with a “can do” attitude, which can identify problems, take ownership, and provide solutions. You must be very detailed oriented and very organized.
A strong commitment to our company values as well as your friendly, outgoing and can-do attitude will help you keep pace with the ever-changing demands of this role. You will stand as one of our company culture ambassadors, serving to improve the community through participation and provide leadership with positive and forward thinking solutions.
We offer employee benefits such as paid medical insurance for our US-based employees, with optional dental, vision and life insurance. We also offer an optional 401K plan.
Receive customer-initiated contact via ticket system, on-line chat and telephone.
Troubleshoot, analyze and document root cause and assist in efficient resolution of all customer issues as related to Netgate and pfSense products.
Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to the final resolution while maintaining established service level agreements.
Assist customers with the installation and configuration of Netgate and pfSense products as directed.
Assist with testing and evaluating new technology as required, including the creation of quick start guides and other user documentation and instructions.
Identify problem areas and work with team to generate solutions, workarounds and suggestions for improvement to engineering.
Document problems and resolutions for training purposes.
Resolve escalated customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience using and administering pfSense
- You must be a problem solver and a solution provider
- Good organization and problem-solving skills
- The ability to simplify and explain technical information to others
- A dedication to continually growing technically and professionally
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Solid systems and network administration and troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge in Unix and Windows operating systems
- Must have reliable, good quality high speed Internet connectivity at home
- Ability to provide after-hours support as needed
- In depth knowledge of the following concepts:
- LAN, WAN, DNS, TCP/IP, Switches, Routers, VoIP and firewall concepts
Certifications not required, but are a plus: MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CNE
If you are interested in being considered for this role, you must do ALL of the following:
- Send your CV to email@example.com
- Include a cover letter that explains why you think you would be a good fit
- Please include expected salary and availability
- We will contact those who meet our qualifications as positions become available.
No phone calls, please. Principals only.
NetGate is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disabilities.