We are excited to announce our newest secure networking appliance, the Netgate® 8200 with pfSense® Plus software – the fastest Intel® Atom®-based firewall we offer, in a whisper-quiet rack mount configuration. We expect it will be a popular edge gateway solution for remote offices, edge deployments, managed service providers, and enterprise networks.
Combining the power of an 8-Core Intel Atom C3758R CPU with integrated QuickAssist & AES-NI along with 16 GB of memory, the Netgate 8200 provides over 18 Gbps of firewall and L3 forwarding across 8 Independent 1 GbE, 2.5 GbE, and 10 GbE Flexible WAN/LAN ports. This is:
- Over 80% greater firewall and VPN throughput than the Netgate 6100
- Double the firewall performance and over 70% more VPN throughput than the Netgate 7100
Here are some additional highlights:
- High Performance: 8-Core 2.4 GHz Intel Atom CPU, with integrated AES-NI and QAT (QuickAssist Technology) significantly improves encrypted throughput and increases RAM performance by up to 50%.
- Versatile Connectivity: (2) 10 GbE SFP+ Ports, (2) 1 GbE Combo Ports (RJ45/SFP), and (4) discrete, unswitched Intel i226 2.5 Gbps Ports allow for versatile WAN connectivity.
- Storage: 128 GB NVMe M.2 SSD
- Affordable Reliability: 16 GB DDR4 RAM, memory allows more stable, higher transfer rates for memory-intensive applications (e.g. IDS/IPS).
- Power Efficient and Quiet: The actively controlled, integrated cooling fan and low power draw of the Netgate 8200 provides efficient thermal management and uncharacteristically quiet operation in comparison to other 1U rack mounted systems in its class.
Pre-order Now to Receive TAC PRO Included
The Netgate 8200 is available for pre-orders starting today, and we expect to begin volume shipping in mid-December. We are also offering this limited time promotion: every Netgate 8200 system purchased (pre-sale included) from now until December 31st is eligible for 6 months of TAC PRO Support at no additional charge (a $199 value). 8200 systems purchased for High Availability (HA) qualify for 1 year of TAC Pro Support for each system at no charge! This represents an exceptional value. You must contact firstname.lastname@example.org for HA to receive the 1 year of TAC Pro Support at no charge. NOTE: HA system support cannot be added to, or split after purchase.
Netgate 7100 Approaching End-of-Sale Status
The Netgate 7100 Security Gateway Appliance with pfSense® Plus software will reach "End of Sale" (EOS) status soon. We are now in the last-time-buy period. Our final stocking order has arrived, and we expect to sell through our inventory by mid-December. At that point, the 7100 will be placed in EOS status.
Why pfSense Plus Software
pfSense Plus software is a reliable and affordable way to secure your network. This software provides the performance, flexibility, reliability, and business assurance expected from leading secure networking applications but at a fraction of the cost of proprietary alternatives. Our Get to Know pfSense Plus Software page has additional information about pfSense Plus routing and security features, performance, and technology, solution briefs, and videos. Technical Documentation are available to help you along your pfSense journey.
Have a question? We'd love to help! Reach out to us at +1 (512) 646-4100 or email@example.com