High-performance Software Router
Industry-leading price-performance, scalability, and solution flexibility for all edge, campus, data center and cloud router and site-to-site VPN needs.
What is TNSR?
TNSR is a high-performance software router based on FD.io’s Vector Packet Processing (VPP), of which Netgate is a leading contributor. TNSR software combines VPP’s extraordinary packet processing performance with Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK) and other open-source technologies to provide a turnkey high-performance router which enables businesses and service providers to address today’s edge and cloud networking needs at extremely low cost. TNSR software starts at $999/yr per instance.
Extraordinary router performance. Software-enabled. No ASICs or FPGAs required.
Up to 100x
faster packet processing (relative to traditional kernel-based processing)
Up to 10x
reduction in packet processing latency
Up to 10x
Faster connection setup
Who Can Benefit from TNSR?
Increasingly, businesses of all sizes and verticals recognize that high performance routing no longer requires expensive proprietary silicon or appliances. As well, many businesses are tired of software bloat, tricky feature or bandwidth licensing, and exorbitant support fees.
Internet Telephone Service Providers (ITSP) need high-capacity edge routing at affordable prices to cost effectively deliver digital telecommunications services. As well, voice traffic providers must find creative ways to scale networking infrastructure dynamically and cost effectively to handle “Mother’s Day” call volume incidents.
Hosting service providers (HSP) deliver hardware, software, storage, and networking infrastructure for web hosting services. End customers need high performance routing and IPsec capabilities - not only 10’s of Gbps at the drop of a hat. Further, the HSP market is ultra-competitive so infrastructure costs must be driven-down fast.
MSPs / MSSPs
Managed Service Providers (MSPs) depend on hardware standards that create uniformity - hardware that is enterprise-grade, scalable, easy to manage and with excellent price-performance. Managed Security Service Providers (MSSP) routinely need to deploy high-speed encrypted tunnels for customers who need secure connectivity between premises or to the cloud.
Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) providers focus on selling computing infrastructure, but the provider must also be able to quickly, cost-effectively and reliably deploy, scale and manage underlying Layer 3 networking.
Software as a Service (SaaS) companies that host an application and make it available to customers over the internet are in constant need of high-performance routed infrastructure performance and scale - especially as more business, education and government clients evolve away from expensive, in-house, application development / support to software as a service.
Why TNSR Software?
Ultra-fast routing, IPsec Performance
- Vector Packet Processing (VPP) breaks kernel-base processing economics
- 5, 10, 40, even 100 Gbps, or more can now be delivered via inexpensive software on ‘white boxes versus ‘vendor lock-in’ hardware
- Packet processing no longer craters as packets sizes get small, e.g., application traffic
- Network interfaces no longer get cut in half, or worse, when hauling encrypted traffic
- RESTCONF API enable each router instance to be dynamically configured and monitored with integrated automation
- Command Line Interface enables users to type commands quickly and easily
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) service provides a means by which the router can be monitored by a network monitoring system or other SNMP-enabled software
- Netgate appliance and virtual machine instances for remote worker, office and data center locations
- Available on AWS and Azure for commercial and government cloud deployments
- Proven through significant customer deployment across demanding enterprise, xSP and government network environments
- 24/7 access to seasoned support veterans
- Professional services and training for specialized needs