Netgate® TNSR™ Release 19.12 Adds vRouter and IPSec Robustness
January 08, 2020
Adds KVM support, increases IPSec performance, and bolsters overall routing robustness
January 8, 2020 (AUSTIN, TX) Netgate, the leading provider of open-source secure networking solutions, today announced its latest version of TNSR software, Release 19.12. TNSR is advanced firewall, router, and VPN software with breakthrough price-performance, management, and service expansion flexibility. Built on FD.io’s Vector Packet Processing (VPP), of which Netgate is a leading contributor, TNSR delivers extraordinary packet processing performance in software. This enables enterprises and service providers to scale networks far less expensively than with legacy brand solutions.
TNSR Release 19.12 expands deployment options, increases IPSec stream performance, and strengthens overall routing functionality. Notable features include:
- Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) – now an officially supported platform
- Multi-core IPSec – enables multiple encrypted streams, critical to scale up / scale out use cases including data center replication and Site-to-Site VPN
- Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) with dynamic routing – identifies forwarding path failure(s), enabling rapid routing adjustments for OSPF and BGP networks
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) interface tracking – enables management of VRRP instance priorities based on the state of TNSR interfaces, thus ensuring traffic continues to flow through an available VRRP peer if an interface upstream of a VRRP instance goes down
- OSPFv3 (OSPF6) – enables OSPF for IPv6
- RIPv2 – provides support for legacy routing use cases
“Release 19.12 represents another significant step forward for our customers as they continue to build out high-speed routed networks,” said Jim Thompson, Netgate CTO. “We are seeing rising demand for TNSR in vRouter and high-speed IPSec use cases. And, while cloud containers may dominate the world’s networking headlines, traditional network function virtualization (NFV) is still our biggest deployment driver.”
TNSR is available for deployment on Netgate’s SG-5100, XG-1537, XG-1541 appliances; as a bare metal image for non-Netgate appliances and virtual machines; as software instances on AWS and Microsoft Azure Marketplaces; and from AWS Solution Providers and Microsoft Azure partners.
Contact email@example.com to request a free trial version of the software. To learn more, visit tnsr.com. For additional questions, contact Netgate at +1 (512) 646-4100, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Netgate is dedicated to developing and providing secure networking solutions to businesses, government and educational institutions around the world. Netgate is the only provider of pfSense® products, which include pfSense software - the world’s leading open-source firewall, router, and VPN solution. TNSR extends the company’s open-source leadership and expertise into high-performance secure networking – capable of delivering compelling value at a fraction of the cost of proprietary solutions.
Netgate is a registered trademark of Rubicon Communications in the United States. pfSense is a registered trademark of Electric Sheep Fencing, LLC in the United States and other countries.
All other brands or product names are the property of their respective holders.