Product Marketing Manager (TNSR)
Netgate is looking for a Product Management leader for its TNSR® software solution. TNSR is a high-performance software router with industry-leading price-performance, scalability, and solution flexibility for all edge, campus, data center and cloud router and site-to-site VPN needs.
If the "Apply Now" button above does not present an email form, it could be related to your browser settings (try this). Or, send us an email at email@example.com. Thank you!
Department: Marketing Type: Full Time Location: Austin, TX
Product Marketing Manager (TNSR)
Netgate is an open-source driven secure networking company that provides high-performance and affordable appliance and software-based firewall, VPN, and routing solutions for the home, office, and cloud. Our secure networking solutions, pfSense® Plus and TNSR® connect and protect homes, businesses in every vertical, K-12 and university educational institutions, local, state, federal government agencies and service providers all over the world. The company was formed in 2004, has over 90 employees residing on four continents, and is headquartered in Austin, Texas.
Netgate is looking for a Product Management leader for its TNSR software solution.
TNSR is a high-performance software router with industry-leading price-performance, scalability, and solution flexibility for all edge, campus, data center and cloud router and site-to-site VPN needs.
The company is looking for an experienced product management / product marketing individual to drive evolving product requirements and go to market success for on-premises and cloud deployments. TNSR is targeted at service providers and businesses alike but has a particular focus on addressing service provider internal and customer-facing high-performance router needs.
This person is best described as someone who:
- Thrives on the responsibility of identifying and understanding target markets, and then working across engineering, marketing and sales to develop solutions that achieve high user retention and profitable revenue growth
- Enjoys synthesizing market data and customer insights in order to prioritize the features that matter most to customers
- Is competent at working from product inception to end of life - from shaping products and solutions in development stages to accelerating user growth and profitability
- Is equipped with strategic thought leadership, technical acumen, quantitative modeling skills, strong design thinking, and the ability to drive to impactful results
- Passionate about the customer, driven to achieve continuous growth, and a burning curiosity for what’s next
- Is a leader – projects the “quarterback” persona - one who can make others believe he / she can 'get out in front' and drive product success
This role will involve a range of duties including:
- Drive and continuously refine product/market fit and success of TNSR software for both on-premises and cloud deployments
- Ownership of key success metrics of TNSR software adoption
- Drive appropriate product requirements for on-premises and cloud needs
- Lead key product success efforts including monetization, roadmap planning, and user experience
- Work closely with marketing communications and demand generation personnel to develop GTM efforts necessary to win in existing and new markets
- Partner with product development to optimize product features and solution deployment experience, and ensure they map to corporate objectives
- Able to develop content (plan, sell, outline, draft, package)
- Able to drive lead gen efforts in concert with product strategy, target applications and targeted buyer profiles
- Identify, shape and implement winning business models for existing and emerging secure cloud networking services
- Work across engineering, design, production, marketing, finance and executive stakeholders to ensure strategies drive through to successful implementation and market impact
- Able to contribute to business development strategy and execution
- Assist in planning and development of partner strategy
- Assist in the formulation and packaging of revenue-generating service and support programs / solutions
- Assist in efforts to drive open-source forum participation and marketing efforts
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience as a Product Manager desirable
- Technical bachelor’s degree desirable
- Strong familiarity, if not actual hands-on experience, with network administration is desirable
- MBA desirable
- Solid command of internet, networking and security concepts, principles and technologies
- Experienced with marketing to service providers
- Relevant experience in the business and/or consumer software industry; and ideally cloud / SaaS, as a Product Manager
- Experience helping build business and/or consumer software services at scale across different delivery platforms, ideally AWS and/or Azure
- Strong ability to engage with prospects and customers to tease out revenue-generating features, as well as make data-driven recommendations where challenging product development trade-offs must be considered
- Ability to deliver solutions targeted towards multiple audience types - particularly service providers, but also business, education, and government customers
- Self-starter with an ability to creatively solve problems and drive decision making across complex circumstances
- Strong communication and presentation abilities to internal and external constituents
- Ability to handle multiple, challenging projects and priorities simultaneously
- Ability to succeed in a rapidly changing, agile environment where continuous innovation is requisite to success
- Greater Austin, Texas area