Digital Marketing Specialist
Netgate is looking for a Digital Marketing Specialist to help scale our digital marketing, specifically in the areas of demand generation, marketing automation, content creation, digital marketing infrastructure buildout and maintenance, and metrics.
If the "Apply Now" button above does not present an email form, it could be related to your browser settings (try this). Or, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Department: Marketing Type: Full Time Location: Austin, TX
Digital Marketing Specialist
Netgate is an open-source driven secure networking company that provides high-performance and affordable appliance and software-based firewall, VPN, and routing solutions for the home, office, and cloud. Our secure networking solutions, pfSense® Plus and TNSR® connect and protect homes, businesses in every vertical, K-12 and university educational institutions, local, state, federal government agencies and service providers all over the world. The company was formed in 2004, has over 90 employees residing on four continents, and is headquartered in Austin, Texas.
Netgate is looking for a Digital Marketing Specialist to help scale our digital marketing, specifically in the areas of demand generation, marketing automation, content creation, digital marketing infrastructure buildout and maintenance, and metrics. This role will work closely with all members of the marketing team, as well as sales and partner personnel.
Our ideal candidate has:
- A love of the science and the art of marketing, particularly the imagination and creation of compelling, and concise advertising and content that drives real engagement at each stage of the buyer’s journey
- Is strongly creative but also very metrics driven – understands that in the end it’s the results that matter
- Has a passion for building, implementing and measuring new systems, processes, and campaigns
- Has strong experience with Hubspot and/or Shopify is ideal (domain experience through similar marketing automation and e-commerce systems is acceptable)
- A solid understanding of all aspects of SEO/PPC, including tooling, e.g., Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Amazon Advertising, SEMrush
- An ability to convert approved copy into market-ready content, i.e., take written-form marketing content and package it into attractive, compelling market-facing assets including web pages, infographics, pdfs, video, etc.
- Solid communication skills especially with respect to ideation, problem/solution identification, project planning and results reporting
- Strong attention to detail. Our business is fast moving, broad and technical. Details really matter.
- Ability to work as a strong team member - even if remote via Slack, Zoom, email, etc.
- A proactive, ‘lean forward’ mindset
- An ability to think broadly, but execute specifically
- A desire to grow into a more comprehensive marketing capacity based on personal desire, value-add to the marketing department, and ever-evolving company needs
- Manage all aspects of SEO/PPC digital advertising strategy, execution and results reporting
- Assist in the management and expansion of our Hubspot website / marketing automation platform and Shopify e-Commerce platform
- Assist in the design and creation of compelling content useful to buyer journey and specific funnel stages
- Measure, analyze, and report campaign performance and deliver weekly campaign performance briefs to marketing and sales leadership
- Partner closely with product management / marketing and other marketing staff to ensure proper messaging, timing and execution of one-off and ongoing campaigns across email, web, search, display, and social media communication channels
- 1-3 years of digital marketing, website design, marketing automation strategy / execution, and marketing analytics / results reporting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, MIS, Business Administration or equivalent desirable
- Working familiarity with networking and security technologies, industry structure, buyer personas, and buyer journeys is highly desirable
- Hands-on experience with HubSpot, Shopify, Amazon Seller Central, Google Adwords, Google Analytics, SEMrush, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Premiere Pro
- Ability to communicate and thrive in an environment where Slack and Zoom are dominant forms of communication
- Solid interpersonal skills including verbal/written communication, listening, and ‘selling’ with high attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated contributor who works well as an individual and within a team environment
- Proven organizing skills; capacity to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously, work in cross-functional teams and communicate with all levels of management
- Solid strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment and works well under tight deadlines
- Greater Austin, Texas area