Community & Brand Manager
Netgate is looking for a strong leader to drive its social media and community brand strategy.
If the "Apply Now" button above does not present an email form, it could be related to your browser settings (try this). Or, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Department: Marketing Type: Full Time Location: Austin, TX
Community & Brand Manager
Location: Austin, TX or Remote
Netgate is an open-source driven secure networking company that provides high-performance and affordable appliance and software-based firewall, VPN, and routing solutions for the home, office, and cloud. Our secure networking solutions, pfSense® Plus and TNSR® connect and protect homes, businesses in every vertical, K-12 and university educational institutions, local, state, federal government agencies and service providers all over the world. The company was formed in 2004, has over 90 employees residing on four continents, and is headquartered in Austin, Texas.
We are looking for a strong leader to drive our social media and community brand strategy. In this high-visibility role, you will be an evangelist for our software and appliance products. Our ideal candidate will become the ‘face and voice’ of the company by building and engaging professionals, influencers, and subject matter experts through social media and video content.
- Be a subject matter expert and the evangelist for Netgate
- Grow and moderate Netgate social media accounts and forum
- Actively manage daily community and social media interactions across the Netgate Forum, Reddit, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, handling irrelevant comments, trolls, flame wars, disturbances, and spam with savvy
- Create explainer videos, how-to videos, demo videos, product overview videos, webinars etc.
- Generate reports that summarize community activity, provide meaningful analysis, and show progress against goals
- Develop sufficient technical knowledge about pfSense Plus and TNSR software solutions, their applications, and our integration into organizations’ secure networking ecosystems
- Extroverted personality that enjoys being the guide or starter of community conversations
- Can effectively communicate technical concepts through a variety of channels
- Has a proven track record for creating high-quality technical video content that can further Netgate solution awareness and understanding
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated individual contributor and team player
- Proven organizing skills and capacity to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment and works well with deadlines
- Bachelors or foreign equivalent degree in a technical field (Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, etc.) or equivalent experience
- Location: Austin, Texas, or ability to work remotely in sync with the USA central time zone.