Cloud Product Marketing Manager
Reporting to CMO
Netgate is an open-source driven secure networking company that provides high-performance and affordable appliance and software-based firewall, VPN, and routing solutions for the home, office, and cloud. Our secure networking solutions, pfSense® Plus and TNSR® connect and protect homes, businesses in every vertical, K-12 and university educational institutions, local, state, federal government agencies and service providers all over the world. The company was formed in 2004, has over 90 employees residing on four continents, and is headquartered in Austin, Texas.
Netgate is looking for a Product Marketing Manager (PMM) to drive cloud adoption of pfSense® Plus and TNSR® secure networking software solutions.
pfSense Plus is Netgate’s new productized version of pfSense, the world’s leading open-source firewall / router / VPN software solution.
TNSR is Netgate’s high-performance software router with industry-leading price-performance, scalability, and solution flexibility for all edge, campus, data center and cloud router and site-to-site VPN needs.
An appropriately experienced PMM for the above will also be able to leverage a strong understanding of public cloud service provider users (specifically AWS and Azure), use cases, technical requirements, and solution architectures - as well as how to cultivate relationships with key buyer influencers, e.g., CSP solution architects - to drive accelerated product adoption and software annual recurring revenue.
The PMM will work closely with company leadership, pfSense Plus and TNSR product management / development teams, marketing, and sales.
The PMM must possess depth of knowledge around secure networking products and technologies, a strong marketing mind, and an innate drive to achieve meaningful business results.
Our ideal candidate:
- Is steeped in secure networking product and technology knowledge, e.g., routers, firewalls, VPNs, appliances, virtual machines, premises and cloud networking, use cases, competitive landscape, pricing, etc.
- Is knowledgeable about cloud-specific technical requirements which vary in implementation from premises-based solutions, e.g., BGP, IPSec, etc.
- Is experienced with developing requirements for infrastructure code which defines a cloud infrastructure resources using a declarative language, e.g., Amazon CloudFormation, Terraform, Azure Resource Manager - ultimately used to simplify the provisioning and management of solutions on a cloud platform
- Is accomplished at building “lift and shift” programs which aid customers in migrating their applications and workloads to the cloud, with appropriate secure networking infrastructure support
- Is experienced in cultivating relationships with CSP personnel who directly influence buyers decisions on secure networking solutions
- Is adept at business development work, particularly in surfacing partnering opportunities that can pull Netgate solutions
- Has a strong understanding of go-to-market execution and business development discovery within Amazon and Azure marketplaces
- An ability to generate content marketing ideas and written / video form copy for final packaging into attractive, compelling assets by the marketing team
- Very strong communication skills especially with respect to ideation, problem/solution identification, project planning and results reporting
- Strong attention to detail. Our business is fast moving, broad and technical. Details really matter.
- A proactive, ‘lean forward’ mindset
- An ability to think broadly, but execute specifically
- A desire to grow into a more comprehensive marketing capacity based on personal desire, value-add to the marketing department, and ever-evolving company needs
- Drive greater market adoption of pfSense Plus and TNSR on AWS and Azure, specifically accelerating adoption faster than its current rate
- Drive and collaborate with the marketing team to execute go-to-market strategies and campaigns that achieve the above
- Strengthen Netgate’s understanding of cloud customer needs, cloud marketing, cloud business development, cloud market adjacencies
- 5+ years of secure networking product marketing experience
- Strong knowledge of router, firewall and VPN markets, competitors and premises / cloud solution models
- Strong presentation / public speaking skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant technical space desirable
- MBA desirable
- Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK) desirable
- Outward-bound mentality, driven to connect with prospects, customers, and industry influencers
- Comfortable with marketing automation and CRM tooling, Hubspot ideal
- Ability to communicate and thrive in an environment where Slack and Zoom are dominant forms of communication
- Solid interpersonal skills including verbal/written communication, listening, and ‘selling’ with high attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated contributor who works well as an individual and within a team environment
- Proven organizing skills; capacity to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously, work in cross-functional teams and communicate with all levels of management
- Solid strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment and works well under tight deadlines
- Greater Austin, Texas area