Location: Austin, TX
Netgate is an amazing Network Security Appliances company right here in Austin, TX. We make devices that keep companies’ internet safe from outside attacks. We have been steadily growing over the last ten years, but now we are looking to really make an impact on the market. To help us do this, Netgate is looking for a web developer who is truly multi-faceted. We need a great addition to our marketing team, someone who can help us get to the next level in our website. Even though Netgate has been around a while, as in most startup-style environments, things grow organically. It is time for us to tame this overgrown garden and get it back into shape. We have multiple sites we’d need to combine into one. We have store sites that need to be combined with marketing sites. This will take knowhow and it will take someone who has lived it before so you can help guide us in doing it right. The right person will have frontend and CMS experience to help us bring it all together. This exciting and varied role will require a strong web developer who is able to work under their own initiative and has experience building great sites utilizing content management systems and e-commerce applications. Are you that web developer?
- Work with marketing to implement development of a cohesive website that is the combination of four sites into one.
- Work with Marketing, IT, and accounting to integrate our store properties.
- Support and maintain existing properties, including frontend and some backend development.
- Implement Google Analytics, GTM other analytics code into website pages
- Provide technical input into long-range website planning, balancing business needs and potential technical constraints.
- Implementing and developing new website functionalities.
- Track, troubleshoot and resolve website issues in a timely manner, triaging as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A minimum of 5 years of professional frontend UI development experience is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of web development techniques across multiple web-enabled devices like PC, mobile, tablet, including techniques like responsive/adaptive web design.
- An understanding of web accessibility and search engine optimization techniques.
- Demonstrated focus on accuracy and high attention to detail.
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize project timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs as needed.
- Require someone who is proven collaborator and communicator, and expert multi-tasker.
- Able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests as well as collaborate with others to utilize resources and knowledge in identifying effective solutions
- Current site formats and languages it would be helpful if candidate was able to support:
- PHP and PHP frameworks
- SQL (dialect not important)
- Source control such as Git
- CSS and CSS Frameworks
- Static site generators such as Jekyll
- API integration
Nice to Have
- Experience with Continuous Integration or Automated Deployments
- Experience with build system tools such as webpack and npm
- Experience with web server configuration
- Proficiency with Adobe’s Creative suite.
- A/B Testing & Personalization
This position resides in Austin, TX at the Netgate HQ at 7212 McNeil Dr #204 Austin, TX 78729. This is not a remote position. We definitely want you and your skills hanging out with us in our fun-filled, North Austin offices. We offer employee benefits including paid medical insurance for our US-based employees, with optional dental, vision and life insurance. We also offer an optional 401K plan. We also have paid, holidays, company parties and outings, and even snacks. We don’t have a foosball or ping-pong table, but if it really means a lot to you, we might consider it.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, you must do ALL of the following:
- Send your CV to email@example.com.
- Include a cover letter that explains why you think you would be a good fit.
- Include links to your work and websites you have built.
- Please include expected salary and availability.
- We will contact those who meet our qualifications as positions become available.
- No phone calls, please. Principals only.
Netgate is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disabilities.