Build Room Assembly Technician
Location: Austin, TX
Netgate is a growing technology company in need of high energy, organized and experienced assembly technicians to produce and deliver computer security hardware.
You should be able to demonstrate the ability to recognize industry standard components, assemble them according to a specific recipe and deliver them to our global customers and partners.
We’re looking for people who share in our committed goal of production with zero defects and are willing to expand their skills from hands-on experience with our products.
A strong commitment to our company values as well as your friendly, outgoing and can-do attitude will help you keep pace with the ever-changing demands of this role.
You will stand as one of our company culture ambassadors, serving to improve the community through participation and provide leadership with positive and forward thinking solutions.
We offer employee benefits such as paid medical insurance for our US-based employees, with optional dental, vision and life insurance. We also offer an optional 401K plan.
CORE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform assembly of rackmount and desktop computer systems. Assembly includes reading recipe, picking parts: motherboard, daughter card, power supply, RAM and cabling.
- Perform Operating System load, burn-in test, affixing product identification and compliance labeling, quality assurance inspection, packing and shipping of product.
- Identify and label defective parts during assembly and testing.
- Assist with customer product returns analysis.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining the build room facility, assisting with inventory control and warehouse functions.
- Assist with other operations functions as needed such as receiving parcels, unloading freight, climbing on ladders, moving equipment, removing trash and assisting with building maintenance.
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace.
- Demonstrated experience in a computer or electronic component assembly.
- Knowledge and ability to maintain operations in an electrostatic-free environment.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions with precise details.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & spoken English.
- Computer data entry and general office software skills: word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and move 50+ lbs. on a repetitive basis.
- High School Diploma / GED.
- Knowledge and proven experience in shipping product via couriers such as FedEx, UPS, DHL, and USPS.
- Past work experience in a static-sensitive environment or clean room.
- Strong math skills.
- Associate or Bachelor Degree a plus but not required.
- Full-time, 8-hour work day promptly commencing at 7:30AM Monday through Friday.
- Opportunity for occasional overtime & infrequent weekends.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Pay range $12-16 per hour commensurate upon experience.
- Paid holidays and earned vacation.
- Company paid primary medical.
- Optional 401K, dental, eye & HSA account.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, you must do ALL of the following:
- Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include a cover letter that explains why you think you would be a good fit
- Please include expected salary and availability
- We will contact those who meet our qualifications as positions become available.
No phone calls, please. Principals only.
NetGate is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disabilities.